Effective Date: 11/04/19
ALIR SETTLEMENTS, LLC
Welcome to ALIR Settlements, LLC (“ALIR” “we,” “us” or “our“). ALIR is a marketing company for the life settlement industry.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will comply with all applicable laws and regulation relating to the collection of information. The following types of information are collected by us:
Information you provide to us:
- Personally identifiable information such as information about your health, medical, financial, and identity, in order to refer your life insurance policy to a licensed life settlement provider.
- Communications between you and ALIR. For example, we may send you Service-related e-mails (e.g., technical and security notices, changes/updates to features of the Service).
Analytics tools to collect information:
- We use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics for Display Advertisers to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service via first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular User. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers by following the directions here.
Cookies and tracking technologies:
Log file information:
- We log information about your use on our website, including your browser type, language, access times, pages viewed each time you make a request to visit or access an application or webpage. Log file information can also be provided when the content of the application or webpage is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, number of clicks, web request, referring / exit pages and URLs, browser type, and how you interact with links on the Service, landing pages, domain names, pages viewed, and other such information. ALIR may also collect similar information from e-mails sent to our Users which help us track which e-mails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients of those e-mails. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a device like a computer or phone to access our Service, we may access, monitor, collect, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device, which uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by ALIR.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and advertisement. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is disabled or impaired.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
ALIR may use information about you for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- to facilitate a referral of your life insurance policy to a licensed life settlement provider;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, activity, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online advertisement or other forms of marketing;
- provide, maintain, improve, test, and monitor our Service;
- remember information so you do not have to re-enter the information during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- fix or diagnose technology problems;
- test and develop new features and products;
- investigate, detect and prevent any unauthorized, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- send you notices, updates, support, administrative, security alert messages;
- to sell your information to a third party;
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
We use the information collected to process and analyze your life insurance policy(ies). Further, we may share your information with our affiliates and to non-affiliated vendors, brokers, providers and other third parties (collectively, the “Service Providers“), as permitted or required by law.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Any of your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed by ALIR, its Affiliates or Service Providers in the United States where they maintain offices and facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguard protection to help keep the information collected through the Service secure. However, ALIR cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to ALIR or guarantee that information on the Service may not be altered, disclosed, accessed, disclosed, or destroyed.
- OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US